The exhibition at Backlit Gallery featured live performances works of six stories and a display of objects chosen by community members that represented their scar story.The gallery space became a space for shared dialogue where connections between object and scar story.The inter-corporeality of selves, mind and bodies is defined by what is embedded in our flesh and given meaning through a lived act; the act of participation in conversation with artist, self and scar.
- A trainer, filled with sand, sock stuffed inside and laces remain undone since the accident in 2010.
- An origami book used to pass the time whilst battling childhood cancer in 1971.
- A promised gift. An airfix model bomber aircraft kit never received after a hit and run accident in 1970.
- Two surgical pins removed from my left arm in 1985.
- An ice hockey t-shirt and shoulder sling from their last game professional Ice Hockey game, Nottingham, 2008.
- A set of scissors used to remove clothes after a lorry broke her back, London, 1992.
DVD 1 The Art of Conversation part 1 and 2
The exhibition hosted by Backlit, Nottingham UK. 22nd June – 4th July, 2012. Touring exhibition University of Georgia, Athens, USA, October 25-28, 2012.
SUPPORTED BY ARTS COUNCIL ENGLAND, BACKLIT IS NOT FOR PROFIT LIMITED BY GUARANTEE, COMPANY NO: 8329205